Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Walk in the Dark


I should have gone to the gym today. I didn't have a chance to exercise until after 4:00. But I went up the canyon instead. It was dusk by the time I got back to the car. It was dusk before I started hiking back down the canyon. Even so, I passed lots of people hiking up the canyon as I was going down. Two guys were running up. I think when I get to 200 lbs, I'm going to run up the canyon too. There was a man coming up with two little dogs and three people with two big dogs. I guess these were doing what I was doing; taking a walk in the woods in the dark, against the day--not to distant now--when to do so will require wading through the snow.

There was ice along the shore of the creek, and on branches that hang over it in places where there is water spray from the little cascades. I pulled the sleeves of my jacket down over my hands because it was so chilly. I'll need to put some light gloves in the car.

The day was almost done as you can see from the photo. Day went down like the year is going down. Another six weeks and it'll be New Years.
I'll still be hiking.

No comments: