Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Finally, driven to the gym


It's been some time since I posted to this thing. Life's been frantic. I have had to choose to exercise or blog about it. My last hike was on Thanksgiving day. I went up the Indian Trail with my daughter and my son-in-law. (Married to a different daughter.) It was dark before we got back to the car, but a nice hike with a great sunset at the end. My daughter does heroic things at the gym and takes a pilates class that would kick a running back's butt, but she doesn't hike and it was gratifying to see her panting along behind me. So much for stupid pleasures.

The weather has been nasty this week and so I've been back to the gym. It's boring compared to a walk in the woods, but it beats having snow fill your ears while you exercise. I listen to audio books with my ipod while on the treadmill, but in the weight room I can't because I'm not clever enough to count reps and keep track of the story. I spend an hour or so, shower and go back to work or home, whatever the case may be. Perhaps the weather will improve. It'll be nice to walk in the snow. The bare trees and dead grass were getting dreary.