Thursday, October 30, 2008


It's been a long time since I visited this blog. I've had a busy summer and fall but have now settled into my 9-month a year routine of working and taking an hour walk as exercise and lifeline to sanity. My (most) daily walks paid off during the past year as I topped them off with a 52-mile trek through the Southern Wind River Mountains. I came to the trip with a little trepidation because I hadn't lost as much weight as I had wanted to. But the trip went fine and I powered up and over the three major mountain passes with no problems. In fact, I felt better than I had since I was a kid crawling over the mountains.
Now the routine is: break for an hour sometime during the day and hike up a nearby canyon then get back to work.
I used to drive the other direction from the office and head to the gym. There I would do a little weight training then hop on the treadmill for an hour. My ipod and an audiobook from audible.com was the only thing that got me through what otherwise would have been tooooo booooaring.
I like the view going east from the office better.

No comments: