Friday, February 29, 2008

Still Melting




I got an extra day from the solar system today. I also got one from work. I was scheduled to help with the Vertical Challenge fund raiser at Snow Basin but got excused. So I worked until early afternoon and took off.

I followed my footsteps from yesterday and someone had actually pushed on from where I had stopped and went to the bench that overlooks the Dee Events Center. I broke trail to the overlook above WSU's Promontory Tower Dorms, thinking maybe someone had come that far from the North. No such luck and it looked brutal beyond the overlook so I saved it for another day.

On the way back, I picked up a partner. This vulture must have seen me floundering in the snow and followed along hoping for dinner. Sorry sucka, I'm tougher than your average pudgy, bald guy and getting tougher.

Here are a couple of pics to document the slushing of the snow pack.

Tomorrow I thought I'd climb to the top of Malan Peak...but my wife thought I'd clean out the garage. I'll probably post some pics of my clean garage tomorrow.

No comments: